13 July 2011

Here it is!

So, I learned yesterday that my beloved opinion column for the Utah Statesman known as The 'Low Down will not be running for the 2011-2012 school year. That column became my defining identity at Utah State as it was my main contribution to the University as a whole. As a student in Computer Engineering, there is very little that I can do to contribute to the University besides staying out of trouble, attending sporting events, and paying tuition.

As a consequence of my misfortune of not being able to write for the Statesman in my previous capacity, I have started this blog to be my outlet. I still have opinions and, as the school year rolls around, I assume there will be things that I agree or disagree with strongly. That was essentially what fueled my opinion column last year. If I found something that I disagreed with or wanted to pitch, I would write an article about it to express my opinion and see if others felt the same way. Sure a blog doesn't have the glamour of the physically printed word, it gets the point across.

Another reason for starting this blog is the fact that I have some time on my hands. I have recently acquired a job that gives me 6 hours of essentially free time during an 8 hour shift. This can be nice, but it can also be a little boring. It gives me time to surf the internet, looking for the latest deal on electronics, reading the news, and generally passing the time before I resort to watching a movie or something.

As this is simply an introduction for the blog, it will not be bursting with opinion on current issues but rather filling up some space to make the blog look like a blog and not an empty shell created on a whim. I do hope to keep up with this blog as I failed to keep up with the ill-fated Stuff of the Week blog (a doomed resurrection of the Stuff of the Week newsletter I did in high school). Anyways, let's hope this one sticks, and that any and all reading it will get some enjoyment out of their time spent reading my thoughts.

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment